So many of you have been asking how I curl my hair and get the volume that I do! (Literally…. I’ve probably received over 400 DM’s asking for a tutorial!) I’ve never thought of myself as someone who would do a hair tutorial… but you asked for it, so here you go!! : )
I want to be completely honest with you… I WISH my hair stayed in its original curls all day long. But in the Texas humidity… it starts falling just like everyone else. Giggle : )
With that said, I’ve been using the tips and products in the video below to curl my hair for years and am always happy with how it turns out each time! It’s SUPER EASY and quick, which is a must-have in my life! I hope you try it out and let me know if you end up trying this process yourself!! : )
If you don’t have time to watch the entire video, you can find my key takeaways below!
- I try to avoid as much hair damage as possible! Let your hair air dry until it’s just damp
- Once damp, blow dry! I’ve used a dyson hair dryer for about 2 years now, and it’s honestly as amazing as everyone says it is! My husband even loved it so much we bought another one for him. If you don’t want to pay full price for one (they typically retail at $400) I highly recommend buying a refurbished one on eBay! This one is sold by the official Dyson store, and brings it down to only $280!! I have friends who have bought refurbished Dyson products on eBay and they said they’re GREAT! Online it says “Our refurbished machines have been thoroughly tested to meet like-new performance standards” and since you’re buying it from Dyson (rather than a third-party retailer) it’s backed by the manufacture’s warranty : ) This is the perfect way to treat yourself to something nice, while knowing you saved a pretty penny!! : ) Also… can you say great Christmas gift?!!? ; )
- While blow drying, use a round brush to add volume and smooth out ends
- Separate hair out and add in curlers (I recommend watching the video to see how this is done). THESE are what I use and love!!! They’re extremely affordable and last for years!!!
- Let curlers sit for 15-20 minutes
- Take out curlers
- Tease roots and add dry shampoo for volume. This is my absolute favorite brand! You can buy it in bulk on eBay for a great discount!! P.S if you’re a brunette, get this one!
- Brush out curls and add hair spray!
Since I’ve owned my styling products for a couple years, and I had heard about the refurbished Dyson hair dryer, (yes, I do think it is a little pricy) I decided to check eBay first for you. While looking, I also saw this adorable faux-fur jacket so I thought I’d link it too for you! Does that happen to you as well… you are looking for one thing and get totally side-tracked?! That always happens to me at the grocery store! Anyway, the jacket is only $16!! Wow… super cute and super NOT expensive! Put that savings toward the blow dryer!! Giggle 🙂 I layered it over this $7 white tee!
Shop everything I’ve featured in today’s post through the links below!
Thank you to eBay for sponsoring this post! I hand-selected and purchased all products featured today with my own money : )